27 Mar 2012

Artist 133: Sarah Rosado






Feature time now with the wonderful and colorful work of Sarah Rosado. This New York based illustrator and photographer brings us her fun characters using digital imagery to provide a bright and vibrant illustrated style that is full of her enthusiasm and verve. She mainly works with women as her subject and uses her naive style to great effect picking out key details and providing the viewer images that provoke instant reaction. She is growing and her work reflects her exploration of style and we hope she continues to experiment and grow, wishing her the best of luck and opportunities in all she does, we give you Sarah Rosado.

Who are you:
My name is Sarah Rosado, and I am a illustrator and photographer from New York. I come from a family with artistic abilities. My father was a musician, my aunt, uncle, cousins are also artists. 

At a very young age I developed a knack for drawing. I was the only child among my other siblings who always decorated my notebook with drawings and even in class I was always doodling on what ever I could get my hands on. It sometimes got me in trouble. However, as I grew older, my desire to draw increased.

What do you do:
I'm an illustrator, photographer and digital artist.

How did you start:
My passion for art began to develop at an early age and I excelled in school during art class. I was awarded many certificates for my detailed drawings. But it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I decided to dedicate my career to art.

A Personal statement about you or your work:
There are many challenges out there with all kinds of exceptional artists and when I look at their work, I get motivated to do better. However, I don't believe that the challenge is a question about who's work is better, since each artist has their own unique style, the challenge would be which style of art is preferred by the people that view it.

Links:


1 comment: