30 Aug 2010

Artist 09: Lauren Mann









Lauren Mann is a young, talented, self motivated illustrator/graphic designer who's amazing sketches are reinforced with deep understanding and technical knowledge gained since she started freelancing at the tender age of 14. (I was still running around the town...) Check out our interview with this powerhouse illustrator!

Who are you:

What do you do:
I'm currently a freelance graphic designer and illustrator. I recently graduated with a degree in art and am looking for full-time work in the design industry.

How did you start:
It's hard to say as I've been drawing from a very young age. I've been driven by the inspiration all around me, the hunger to learn something new and the challenge of improving my skills. It was only a few years ago that I decided to consider art a career option and impulsively transferred to an art degree!

A personal statement about you or your work:
While I am a figurative illustrator, I aim to play on the viewers sense of curiosity and create a world for them to explore and characters for them to engage with. My work is varied and influenced by everything from classical art and childrens illustration to decorative art and animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment